Sunday, April 15, 2012

Week 2-beginning

I've decided to do my blog posts in week intervals rather than days because there just isn't enough going on day to day to post about (like the old lady that talks about her cats constantly, you just want her to shut up after a while). So week 2 will start off with a pretty strenuous workout, plus i've decided to added in one or two workouts from "Overnight Hops". Guy on the video says that with three workouts you can jump 3-5 inches higher overnight. So there's an easy way to test that claim, do it once and try it out. I'll try and get some video up this week for everyone's personal enjoyment. My progress at the end of week 1:

Standing vertical: 27" (1 inch increase!)
One step vertical: 28" (no increase)
Running vert: 31" (no increase)

Kind of a disappointing week 1, but maybe I'll see some huge gains for week 2! Gotta keep my head up and keep moving on.

Interesting story for the week (and i guess I'm kind of bragging on myself) but a couple UT basketball players came to the rec center today to play. I ended up guarding 6'9" Ronaldo Wooldridge (aka Swiperboy). We played 4 games to 15 by ones, and I scored 4, 6, 9 and 7 points against him. Made me feel pretty good about myself. No dunks though unfortunately, I'm not to the point where i can dunk over people. Yet.

2 comments:

  1. That Overnight Hops program sounds interesting, keep us posted! Do Work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Evan since you've used the jump manual I was wondering if you could share with us some info on the the actual workouts and exercises.
    I tried to download the jump manual workout chart from here www.basketballworkouttips.com/jump-manual-workout-chart/ but most of the important stuff is just blurred. can you share it with us?

    ReplyDelete