Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Start of the Jump Manual

I have obtained a copy of the Jump Manual, having heard some pretty good things about it, and I thought I would start blogging my progress, whether anyone actually reads it or not (although hopefully some people do). I've completed day 3 of training and have yet to do day 4 workouts, so this first post will be a recap of those three days.

Day 1-The very first thing I did was set a goal for myself. I usually don't do this in working out, but so many resources and the Jump Manual says it's a good idea, so I thought I would see if it made any difference. The Jump Manual states that most people will receive gains of 10 inches in my vertical in a 12 week cycle. So that's the lower goal, but my actual goal is going to be more around a foot, so an inch every week. Day 1 workouts really took a toll on me, they were very strenuous and misleading (the first sets seemed easy, but they became exponentially difficult with each set). I had to improvise a little bit with the medicine throws, i used a kettle bell instead, but it still gave me a good workout. Here are my stats at the beginning of the program:

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 209 lbs
Body fat %: 11.5%
Reach: 8'2"
Standing vertical: 26"
One step vertical: 28"
Running vertical: 31"

I'd like to get my weight down to 200 lbs, body fat to 8% my standing vertical to 38" and my running vertical to 43". Body fat percentage was measured with a bodpod that the university had, so make your own interpretations on the accuracy of that. I'm going to remeasure verticals once a week.


Day 2-Easy day, just an upper body workout and stretching day. Did a little running

Day 3-Off day workouts, which were "mini explosions". Still a workout, but didn't take to long. I'm pretty sure I'm following the workout program pretty well.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! Can't wait to see your results over the next 12 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome bro, work hard, commit to it 100% I am also starting my own Vertical Training, as soon as I recover from ankle 100%. I made a blog as well. http://beudvertical.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Evan, you haven't posted here for a long while now and I was wondering if you ever got the results you wanted with the jump manual.
    I saw somebody here http://www.basketballworkouttips.com/jump-manual-results/ who is only 6"0 and managed to get his vertical to 44 inches in a few months.
    Can the jump manual really get you such results in such a short amount of time?

    ReplyDelete